Coronavirus Statement: UPDATED 13th March 2020
TCL Packaging Ltd has updated its’ strategy in respect to the Coronavirus outbreak based on current information and are taking the appropriate actions to continue to provide a safe and healthy working environment whilst ensuring that we maintain productivity levels to satisfy our customers’ demands.
As you will be aware the Coronavirus is very contagious and is mainly spread due to person-to-person contact but can survive for a time on surfaces (such as door handles) and hence be transferred in that manner. Working within the food packaging industry we already have excellent hygiene processes in place but with the current situation we have introduced extra measures to further enhance our existing controls:
• With immediate effect there are no visitors allowed on-site unless agreed in writing by the Managing Director & Compliance Manager based on an assessment of risk.
• Upon entry to the building all employees must both wash their hands in hot water for a minimum of 20 seconds AND then use a hand sanitiser before proceeding to any communal production or administration area.
• All personnel should use the sanitation wipes provided to wipe down workstations, telephones & keyboards at the start of each morning & each afternoon.
• Employees should not travel as part of their work unless agreed in writing by the Managing Director & Compliance Manager based on an assessment of risk.
• If a TCL employee is suffering from a sore throat, cough and/or high temperature they should telephone their line manager in the first instance to discuss their suitability to attend the TCL site.
• Drivers from collection & delivery contractors must remain outside of the building and are not allowed into the site.
TCL Packaging Ltd would finally like to reassure you that other than the above restrictions it is ‘business as usual’ and our normal production and trading should not be affected during this period.