Ovenable Packaging Films
TCL Packaging is a market leader in printed ovenable films. Printed in high-definition, TCL’s OvenFlex® films are suitable for ultra-high cooking temperatures for all food types cooked in either conventional or microwave ovens.
OvenFlex® was the first ovenable film to be successfully tested by Smithers Pira for ovenable food safety performance up to 225°C 435°F, exceeding the requirements of current EU Regulation (EC) No. 1935/2004. Innovative new inks and print techniques have been used to achieve high-density, up to 150 screen that maintains stability and full integrity at high temperatures.
Printed OvenFlex® films are available in reel form or as stand-up pouches. They can be used for the safe higher temperature cooking of most food types including roast vegetables, fish and meats. For laminate structures and lidding films, the adhesive is also an important part of the specification process. OvenFlex® laminate ovenable films have been comprehensively tested too.
Choose OvenFlex® for Ovenable Applications
At TCL Packaging we understand the pace of change in consumer applications. People’s lives are continually changing. The way we live and work is constantly evolving, as are our wants and tastes. The importance of creative thinking, rapid response in development and flexibility can provide an edge in today’s competitive marketplace. Ovenable films are growing in popularity but not all packaging buyers are aware of the complex chemical and molecular behaviours of this type of printed ovenable film under extremely high temperatures. TCL Packaging’s technical team provide a comprehensive package of design and development services for each specific application working hand in hand with food producers and retailers to ensure each food product has the right specification of OvenFlex® film to suit its application.
|TCL Film Code||34HT200||34HT225||55HT200|
|Max oven temp. (ºC)||200||225||200|
|Seal temp (ºC)||130-220||130-220||140-220|
|Seal strength (A-A)||4 N/25mm||4 N/25mm||10 N/25mm|
|Fin / Lap Seal||Fin / (Lap) seal||Fin / (Lap) seal||Fin / (Lap) seal|
|Typical Use||Flow-wrap||Extra high temp Flow-wrap||Doy pouch|
- Ultra convenient cooking from frozen, chilled or ambient to oven for up to 90 minutes at 225 deg. C.
- Available across all lidding and form, fill and seal and pre-made pouch applications.
- Enhanced food safety and hygiene – raw proteins can be cooked in the oven without direct handling until they are cooked and ready to be served.
- Prevents cross-contamination and no-mess cooking reduces time-consuming oven cleaning.
- Cooking results are enhanced through moisture control and the incorporation of tailor-made steam venting solutions.
- Seals to itself and most RPET, APET and CPET trays.
- Anti-fog features can be incorporated for improved on-shelf and cooking visibility.
- Compliant and safe to use – OvenFlex® is stringently tested and certified by Smithers Pira and is compliant to EU 10/2011 and EC 1935/2004.